Thursday, February 21, 2008

The Setting Sun

With whispy clouds hanging in the air, I knew there was likely to be some sort of magical sunset yesterday.

So, after finishing up work, I zipped off with camera in hand and went straight for the beach. First stop was CY O'Connor Beach... a dog beach, that actually has some nice views of Garden Island and Carnac Island...



Unfortunately when I arrived at the beach there were a pod of dolphins no more than 20 meters from the beach, but when I took photos it wasn't until 10-15 minutes later that I had the exposure metering on overexpose!! Argh!!

So the only other photos I got of CY O'Connor beach were the old power station, and a couple of other beach shots...








I then decided to go up the coast a little and see what the view would be like from Leighton and Cottesloe beaches...










*sigh*

I wonder what today will bring??

4 comments:

Maggie said...

Those are beautiful photographs. I especially love the reflection on the vehicle.

Ryan said...

Thanks Maggie!

Yeah Verna, my car, was good for something... oh, and for getting me to the beach! ;o)

single grrl said...

I especially like the under-pier shot (4th down). Looks like you caught a rare Yeti-print there in the lower left corner--or are they called something else in Australia?? :)

The last sunset shot is nice too-- nice skyline and the clouds are very cool!

Ryan said...

Thanks SG!

Ah, yes, the footprint... in Australia I think it's commonly known at Ry-eti... named after a big hairy size 13 shoed monster commonly seen handling a Canon 40D!

;op