Friday, December 28, 2007

Sightseeing In Singas

After the camp we had a few days to ourselves before flying back home.

Some of the things we did, besides shopping, were: going on the night safari tour (a must - shame you can't use flash photography... rendering any photo useless), Jurong Bird Park (another must - and you must go to the huge aviary and pay S$2 for the nectar), Recycled Water Plant (aah, wouldn't recommend it, unless you're into drinking "cleaned" toilet water), Changi chapel and prison museum (sad), and... did I mention shopping?

Here are some photos...

Mark not too impressed with discovering what he's really been drinking all this week (ignorance truly is bliss)...



Mark getting a nipple cripple for insufficiently meeting the needs of colourful birdie #2...



Some poor kid getting hammered for not sharing the nectar luvin' around adequately...



"Who you looking at?"



Dan and I at Jurong Bird Park trying to figure out just what type of birds these creatures are??!!??



World's largest man-made waterfall (I wasn't prepared to jump off it to find out)...

3 comments:

Maggie said...

I love the 'poor kid' picture! He looks like he's having a truly horrific experience - I can relate! Birds tend to freak me out - could be because a friend of mine once had a budgie that would attack me when she let it out of the cage... or maybe it was Hitchcock's "The Birds"...or maybe it was the emu feeding experience when I didn't know you shouldn't wear red and they came at me like a group of Velociraptors... anyway... pretty but freaky.

Jen said...

I really like the pictures a lot. I agree with Maggie the poor kids face is too good.

But now blog already..please.

Jen said...

not to be nag...but........ahemmmmm : )