Thursday, August 23, 2007

My Current Addiction

Okay, right now I'm addicted.

It was only a couple of weeks ago I deleted my MySpace account that I discovered FaceBook. I had heard about it on the news and didn't think much of it, but after receiving a recommendation from a friend I decided to check it out.

But going back to MySpace, I decided to delete my account as I found it too "teeny" - and surfing the thing was a nightmare (just try and open up several MySpace sites in FireFox and crank your sound up!). Added to that I also constantly received spam from some chic in the States who was adamant I'd enjoy her "photos" that she couldn't display on MySpace (hmm, I wonder if they were photos of her bonsai trees?).

After continually deleting her emails one day I wrote her back saying in a somewhat pleasant tone "Please go away". And oddly enough she did... but then four new ones took over in the space of a week.

*sigh*

So frustrated with the whole MySpace thing (which I think tries to be everything and in the end is just a mess) a friend told me to join FaceBook.

And while getting the hang of it at the start was a little weird, I've got to say I'm totally hooked.

What I enjoy the most about it is that you can search for people by their REAL name! It's been great connecting up with old friends... in fact I was shocked to see how many of my old friends are using it!!

And what I enjoy most about it is it's simplicity. I don't have to worry about finding the coolest layout, or blocking pop-up ads, or any of the other crap I had to endure at MySpace.

I can just chill and connect with all my friends and keep them informed with what I'm up to.

It's easy.

So beware folks... if you haven't used FaceBook you will eventually, and when you do, you're going to be hooked.

Watch out.

(And hey watch out for us and give us a poke if you're browsing by... you might be able to put names to faces - even a certain someone beginning with K who has been mentioned in here throughout the last several months... anyhoo, enuff said... JOIN IT!)

4 comments:

Likalia said...

I've had my Facebook account for what seems like an eternity, I signed up when it first started and then forgot about it until it suddenly became cool and people started adding("friending") me, but beyond checking to see what people are up to I don't really use it much.

Though I agree it is cool for catching up with old friends. :)

Cap. said...

facebook = addictive.

from another single guy to Another Single Guy, greetings.

danish said...

lol I'm addicted to it too... it's strange, but I'll *always* find time for it. Go figure.

Glad you're on it! :D

The Ex said...

Bah, I hate both Facebook and Myspace...though Facebook marginally less.

Hello :)