Friday, August 17, 2007

John Forest: The Return

So last weekend I ventured back into the jungle (okay, scrub) and this time I made doubly sure that I had recharged my cameras batteries... and I also took Dan who tested his camera out as well.

Thankfully there was no, uh, Adam & Eve re-enactments from the previous week.

Anyhoo, here are some of the photos that were taken during the day... the first is of the rocky outcrop at the top of the hill...



Dan is that lens in your pocket or are you just happy to, uh, see me?



I literally had to swim in the middle of the falls to take this shot... okay, so I had to hop, skip and jump on a few rocks, but it was still tricky...



... and being the ferocious fotographer Dan hops, skips and jumps to the perfect foto spot too...



... butt there's only enough room for one...



Anyhoo, it's getting late so I'm off to bed, and what better way to end it than taking a photo of a flower that we found already in its flannelette pyjamas...



And that's it!

I wonder how picturesque John Forest will be in spring?

4 comments:

danish said...

Ooooooh pretty! All the leaps and bounds you guys took were well worth it. :D Such a pretty country! :o

...and that flower! I've never seen such a thing before. It looks like it's made of cotton or something!

Very cool. Just... wow.

Oh, and 'bout the shot above the flower--nice... er... shoes! ;)

Ryan said...

Yeah the flower really had us spun out... I've never seen a flower in pjs before.

Even my father (who knows a little about plants) remarked on how unique this flower is.

I like it's little crown too.

Victoria said...

I like the waterfall one lots!

And the purty flower

Ryan said...

Hi V! Yes the flower seems to have everybody mesmerised... and to think that we only found this flower near a small stream (didn't see it anywhere else).

Maybe it doesn't have a name yet... maybe I can be the first to give it a name!!