Monday, July 02, 2007

Reflections By The Lawnmower Man

At work we have a lawnmower guy come and do our gardening. He's apparently been doing it for several years as well as other houses and businesses in the area.

After doing his job in the pouring rain today I handed him his $22.00 remarked at his great effort and in return he thank me and handed me a letter that he instructed to give to my father.

I couldn't help but take a peek at what it was about, and upon reading it I was touched by what it said and thought to share it...

Dear Customer,

Alan & Bambi are winding up their Lawnmowing business in order to start their new business. We have bought "Harbour Town Lotteries & News" in West Perth and commence on the 15th July.

We have endeavoured to generate interest from other lawnmowing services but to no avail. Therefore the lawnmowing ceases on the 30th June 2007.

We would like to take this opportunity to thank all our loyal customers over the last 15 years. It provided us a lifestyle to watch our children grow up. Thank you.

Yours sincerely,
Alan & Bambi.


If I could write something like that after when my children have flown the nest then I'd be one happy father.

I found this letter and the discussion I had with Karina on Saturday night interesting as she talked about how she'd been promoted to a new role in her place of employment. Apparently she now runs an entire clinic! Unfortunately while the new opportunity is know no doubt going to be beneficial to her (not just financially but also because of the experience) the new position has found her with no life.

That which she enjoyed doing is now no longer enjoyable at all.

Is working a means to AN end, or a means TO end?

Anyway, thanks lawnmower man for cutting our grass... I wish you well with your new endeavours!

2 comments:

danish said...

Awww! That is really cute! That job must have been very satisfying for them, and I'm glad for it. =)

...and Karina runs a whole clinic?? O_O

Wow. That's crazy, but good for her... I know I wouldn't last five minutes!

Ryan said...

Yeah I think it was... and good on 'em for choosing their kids over great wealth and riches.

Yeah... Karina runs a clinic... apparently??

She hasn't given me a massage yet so I think she's just making it all up!