Saturday, May 26, 2007

Notice Me?

Last night I went out with a couple of friends after having isolated myself from the world over the last couple of weeks due to work commitments.

Anyway, after making a few phone calls (so much for repeating last month's phone bill performance for $0.00 - although, I'm seriously NOT complaining!) I was able to orchestrate the where, the what, the who, the when and the how of last night.

Unfortunately everyone's "how" of getting to the "where" at the "when" was different. It wasn't until one of the "who" arrived and messaged with a simple "Here" as I was driving up the freeway caught in traffic that there was likely going to be a problem: Dan and Chris had never met.

I began thinking up of a plan should the other "who" arrive before I...

CHRIS (WHO #2): Where are you dude? I'm here.
ME: I'm caught in traffic, should be there in 10. Dan's already got a table, I'll let him know you're here.
CHRIS: Okay.
[End's conversation. I call Dan.]
DAN: Hello?
ME: Dan, it's me. Chris has arrived. I told him to look out for someone who's waving his arms around his head like a helicopter. So start flailing your arms.
DAN: What??
ME: I can't hear you flailing. Maybe start making a helicopter noise too.

Alas, I didn't need to resort to such tactics - I ended up arriving next anyway.

Oh well.

1 comment:

Jen said...

What other tricks can you make them do? lol