Thursday, April 05, 2007

Millions Of Mobiles

A couple of months ago I got a call from my mobile phone carrier (Optus) saying that because I was a loyal customer they were crediting me $5.00 every month.

"Thanks for that."

And that was that.

Since then I've been barraged with a flood of Optus sales people asking if they could be my carrier for the land line - each time I've used the excuse, "I'm sorry, I don't own the land line." (which is true - it's in my sister's name, but we still halve the costs)

But one thing I've noticed with my last bill is that I could potentially make a profit out of Optus!

See, with my $5.00 credit I have a $4.95 flat monthly rental charge, plus then the mobile phone call charges. If I never use my phone during the month I could make a profit of 5c every month!!

That got me thinking: if I had 100 million mobile phones with Optus, and being the loyal customer that I am, I get my $5.00 in credits for each phone, I could make a gazillion dollars per month!

Now all I've got to do is dust off the carrier pigeon to communicate to everyone.

;op

No comments: