Thursday, February 08, 2007

It's A Date!

Okay, maybe not, but I gave Karina a call last night and although the call went awkwardly (she was on a hand's free and it was difficult at times trying to hear what she was saying), but through it all I was eventually able to set up a time and place for us to meet this Saturday for a quiet coffee.

One thing I really want to see is whether we share the same sense of humour, because you know... for the life of me, I can't even picture her laugh?? Which is odd because there are two things I never forget about people: one is their laugh (also at what they laugh at) and the other their smile, and while I can picture her nice smile, I can't with her laugh.

I don't even know if I've ever said anything that has even made her laugh!

Now I'm willing to concede that maybe she's a tad nervous, but my sister made the interesting observation that maybe *she* was the cause for Karina clamming up - as Karina may have been trying to impress member's of my family, who I all dearly love.

Never thought of that one.

And I know I've been guilty of trying to impress brothers and sisters of previous girlfriend's... so that actually didn't seem too outrageous.

Either way, it'll be interesting to see how it all unfolds.

4 comments:

Likalia said...

Your sister could definitely have a point about her being nervous, good luck to you though. At the very least you'll have fun I'm sure.

Ryan said...

Thanks Likalia.

Victoria said...

Hope it goes well and that you have a good time : )

danish said...

Ooh! I suppose you've already gone on said date, but hey. Rock on! Congrats anyway. ^_^