Monday, December 11, 2006

U2 Night

I'd better jump straight to the U2 night otherwise I'll never get there!

The night was a blast. The atmosphere was electric, and even though we had seats we didn't sit once U2 were out! And for those that watch Thank God You're Here we even bumped into Hamish Blake and Andy (Emma had photos taken with them).

Unfortunately I didn't take my camera on the Melbourne trip as on the ticket stub it said you weren't able to take ANY cameras into the event at all. However, after seeing someone with a camera, Aaron decided to race back to the hotel and use his... and he was successful in getting it through security (hopefully I'll be able to post his photos soon)!

Anyhoo, I decided to use my mobile phone's in-built camera and here were the pix I took during the night...





I don't know why Kanye West was used as support? I think maybe only one or two people were getting into his music, whereas everyone else just couldn't wait until he got off...



The anticipation...



Finally, it was here...








The Telstra Dome was packed...











The Christmas tree...







Goodbye...

2 comments:

danish said...

You took all those using your cameraphone?? @_@ Wow. Must be a pretty sweet cell phone. Nice pictures!

By the way, I was reminded that Australian English is really cool in a sentence you wrote here: "I decided to use my mobile phone's in-built camera.."

That sentence in American English: "I decided to use my cell phone's built-in camera", or just "I used my camera phone". I wonder if we're the only country on the planet that calls them 'cell phones'? Hmmm. Anyway. Glad you had fun!

Ryan said...

Hey Danish!

The first time I heard an American use her 'cell' I thought...

She's from prison??

It wasn't until she "started using her cell" that it twigged.

Mobile = cell