Monday, December 11, 2006

The True Nature Of The Beast

I don't think I ever mentioned it before, but during the rocky relationship Chris had with his ex there were moments where I'd see his ex say things that I personally detested.

These things would be such where if a person had something that was slightly abnormal she'd pick it out and make fun of it.

One such night in Freo, we were eating at a restaurant and she began laughing at some lady's weight, a guy's large nose, and some other lady's hairstyle.

VERY immature stuff... and yet my mate was dating this low life form (love truly is blind)!

It was as if by highlighting these things she was hoping that everyone would turn around and glorify how perfect she was!

Yeah, pretty low stuff, huh?

At the end of the night I couldn't even hold it back anymore and told her to shut up in an angry tone. Chris saw my aggravation and quietened her down.

I wasn't a happy chappy that night believe me. The next day I told Chris in no uncertain terms how superficial and shallow this woman was.

Fast forward to a week or so later, and the relationship ended.

"It's off for good this time," Chris said.

"What happened?" I asked.

"I told her pretty much the stuff you talked about. I told her how immature she was, and how you hated her..."

"Whoa whoa!" I stopped him, "I don't hate anyone. Hate is a strong word, just as love is. Dude, I never said I hated her."

"Oh," he thought about it for a moment, and then I began to wonder whether I came across a little too strong when I talked about her that night, "well, anyway, can you believe she said that she only got that immature stuff from me!"

Fast forward to Melbourne, and this immature 5-year old nature reared its ugly head... but from him!

I kept to myself during his tirades, but upon reflecting about the two incidents I began to wonder whether his ex may have done the things she did to try and impress him.

Maybe she was right.

No comments: