Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Old Friends

I had a good long weekend away last weekend.

Besides playing plenty of golf the most memorable part was catching up with old friends at the SportsFest event in Eaton and Australind.

Most of those that I saw I hadn't caught up with for at least 5 years... and it's amazing how much people have changed during those years!

One friend had married, had a child, and has just finished settlement with the divorce.

Another has had a change of career and is studying to become a teacher.

Another had just been diagnosed with cancer when I last saw her 5 years ago, and has now fully recovered.

Another was getting married with the man she had just started dating 5 years ago.

Another had a child - and yet 5 years ago I remember them being adamant about not having children.

And yet, I surprised myself in that I could remember all their names!!

A lot can happen in 5 years.

No comments: