Monday, October 30, 2006

Na Blo Ma Mo

I don't know what the acronym is for that thing people are getting all excited about in November on the net, but I know it has something to do with writing a book during the month... starting from scratch.

It's a good idea, because I know I've had the best of intentions of writing a book but always put it off.

I always seemed to have struggled with the simple things such as... a plot.

But in a sense I'm kind of glad I didn't get involved with a book club, or a writing club, or a na blo ma mo club because then I never would've blogged.

And blogging is waaay more fun than writing a book... I think (well I haven't really written a book so I wouldn't know).

And from my high school experiences I found it much easier to write a short story than a full on 10 page one, but that could've had something to do with the fact that I started and finished those assignments on the day they were due!

Oh well, at least that one person who reads my blog appreciates my being here.

So to you my dear friend...

You rock!

And you never know, if I keep blogging I might be able to put it all together and compile it into a book in the future!

Now there's a scarey thought for the na blo ma mo group in 5 year's time!

2 comments:

FJ said...

I'm like you Ryan, in that I never could do long essays either.

Don't knock the blog/book idea either, Ryan, cos there's been some very successful blog/books in the past and I'm sure there will be more in the future.

Who knows, you could be FAMOUS!

...FJ.

(PS: If you do get famous, can I please have your autograph?
Also, I'm sorry, I read your blog more than I comment on it, does that make me a bad person?)

Ryan said...

Hey FJ!

Yeah, maybe I could write a blook!

And don't worry I was just joking about the "one person who reads my blog" comment.

I know I have a readership of between 2 and 3 billion people (doesn't that make 3 people sound like a lot!!! hahahaha)