Monday, October 30, 2006

Back In The Game?

On a different note I received a telephone call from my mate Jon-Jon tonight about a basketball team needing a player.

He was going to get back to me about whether they'd be interested in having me play, but he wanted to know if I was interested in playing on Monday and Thursday nights with them.

I couldn't for Thursday, due to other commitments, but Monday's would be fine.

"Do you remember Bruce?" he asked trying to help me remember who I'd be playing with.

"Bruce?"

"Yeah, remember the State Youth Games?"

"Oh yeah."

"Yeah, remember Bruce?"

"Bruce?"

"Yeah, remember Peter?"

"Oh yeah, roo boy."

"Yeah, that's right - remember Bruce?"

"Bruce?"

"Yeah, remember Julie and Deanne?"

"Oh yeah, that athletic chic and your ex's sister."

"Yep, and remember Bruce?"

"Bruce?"

I couldn't for the life of me remember a Bruce.

I know OF a Bruce, but he's in a wheelchair and wouldn't be playing basketball anytime soon (unless a miracle happens), but not the Bruce of the State Youth Games, roo boy, athletic chic and Deanne.

Bruce?

No comments: