Monday, September 04, 2006

The 9th Month

We've only just hit September and I'm already running around like a headless chook.

I know people do a lot of celebrating around Christmas and New Year's, but there seems to be one other thing that goes on which sees its cause 9 months later.

Pretty much everybody I know is having a friggin birthday this month! Or doing something else eventful.

Here's a list of this month's activity...
  • We all know my brother's wedding is this coming Saturday (9th of the 9th - easy to remember he says)

  • My sister's 24th birthday was yesterday (Saturday)

  • It was Father's Day today (Sunday)

  • It's my grandma's birthday on the same day as my brother's wedding

  • It's my mate Larry's 50th birthday on Friday, and

  • It's my mum's 50th birthday on the Saturday after the wedding!


Talk about a difficult month to save!

And I've got to find the perfect present for these people too! Eeeek!

I'm glad I'm going to be off in Melbourne in November... I'm going to need a holiday from all these celebrations and endless searches for the perfect present (I still don't know how you women find the energy to shop all day - I've usually given up after 15 minutes)!

And to think my birthday is coming around soon too...

*faints*

No comments: