Saturday, June 10, 2006

Silly Saturday

Plenty of laughs tonight.

My mate Chris and I saw Break Up starring Vince Vaughn and Jennifer whats-her-name.

Not as funny as Wedding Crashers, but still a good laugh.

Although... there were times where I felt out of place and I think that may have had something to do with the crowd being predominantly female.

Am I the only person who thinks Vince Vaughn playing computer games all the time was funny???

Apparently so.

Must be a Y chromosome thing.

And I cracked myself up laughing at the end where his Vince's bar mate was going to knock off that last bloke Jennifer brought home!! LOLOL

But the laughing didn't start at the cinema.

No.

We had a "moment" only 10 minutes prior to going in.

See, we had finished dinner at Han's Cafe scooted over to the Dome Cafe for a coffee and as we neared the end of our flat whites a single stout lady in her 50s walks passed us and says,

"You won't be able to see the movie from there."

Turning around to see just who in the heck is trying to lay a swift pick-up line on me this time I see an old lady smiling at me walking towards the entrance of the cinema.

"I've got x-ray vision," I stammered, smiling, hoping she wouldn't stop and tango with my wit (and yes that's wit with a small "w" it's NOT a noun - don't go there!).

Thankfully she didn't she continued walking entering into the cinema complex, but now with a smile.

And then it began...

WILLO: So who's your hot date?
ME: Listen, she might be old... but what she lacks she makes up with in experience.

WILLO: So where do you take her most nights?
ME: Oh, she just loves her bingo nights.

WILLO: I suppose her big smile wasn't her only biggest asset?
ME: You're right... you should see the size of her... of her... estate!

WILLO: Were those false teeth?
ME: Don't even go there.

And with that we walked in.

(I was ever so thankful she didn't watch the same flick as us!)

Yep, looks like I get all the hotties.

No comments: