Sunday, June 25, 2006

He Doesn't Know That I Know

On Saturday I ventured back south of the river to catch up with a few people, one of which I hoped to be my friend Chris who was still in hospital.

However, just as I was about to leave my grandfather's place and make my way to Fremantle hospital I received a call from him.

"Hey man, I was just about to call you," I said answering the phone.

After finding out how his surgery went I asked him whereabouts he was staying so I could continue our conversation at the hospital.

"Nah, don't worry about coming over," he said.

"Why?" I asked making it seem somewhat strange (although knowing altogether why).

"Oh... there going to be doing some tests on me and stuff."

He was lying. I don't know much about knee surgery, but I know last time he had his knee opened they didn't do much except kick him out the door a couple of days when it was done!?

No doubt Emily was either there or coming over to visit him.

"I hope you're not keeping all the cute nurses to yourself," I chided.

"Nah, they're all old and ugly here."

"Oh well, maybe some other time."

Having nothing else better to do than to fix up Betsy I set about travelling back home via Super Cheap Autos picking up some needed parts.

Nearing home I received another call from Chris.

"Hey man, are you still in the area?" he asked.

"No, why?"

"Oh, it looks like they've cancelled my appointment for today if you still wanted to see me I should be fine."

Obviously Emily had a hot date with her other man that afternoon and had to cancel (oh yes, Emily *is* seeing another man... in fact, a man that was once very close friend of Chris' - I tell ya it's worse than a soapie if you knew all the details about it).

But... it was too late.

I apologised, but told him I'd made other arrangements and maybe I'd catch up with him when he got out.

For the remainder of the day I fixed up ol' Betsy's indicator stick - an excruciatingly painful job, but I'm glad it's fixed - it saves me having to stick my hand out the window when I want to turn now!

Unfortunately my sister's done quite a job on her car and it seems as though she's going to be without her car for another week.

I hope she takes care of my Betsy.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

If you lived in Texas you wouldn't be allowed to drive that baby unless the turn signal/indicator stick was working. Got to pass that lovely state inspection (that was sarcasm).