Thursday, May 04, 2006

Your Space And MySpace

Recently I've noticed some talk amongst sites I frequent about this phenomenon called MySpace on the net.

Not being one to be out done I decided to check out the place and created a free account to see what all the fuss is about.

My initial impressions were that this place seems suited for kids going through puberty. Here's a general list of what I've discovered about the place:

1. You can network with people who become listed as your "friends".
2. You can select music from sites and add them to your home page.
3. You can blog away as you do here.
4. You can post photos.
5. You can create a profile.
6. You can search for available partners/friends/groups (I've already been invited to participate in an AC/DC group!?!??! What the...?).
7. You can advertise in their classified section.
8. You can even see people from the schools you attended - provided they've registered (freaky!).

And the list goes on and on.

In essence MySpace tries to cover the whole gamut of everything you'd ever want in a personal web space.

The advertising on every page is a little annoying, but I suppose as everything is free it probably pays it way.

Anyway, if you're bored and want to find out more you can start by heading over to my space here (it's a work in progress when I'm bored).

No comments: