Friday, April 14, 2006

Joondalup Bog Laps

There's one thing you can't do in Joondalup (the city equivalent up here) that you can pretty much do everywhere else (well at least south of the river anyway).

You can't do bog laps!

I drove to the Joondalup Lakeside Shopping Center this week and decided to circle around the complex to see where the best spots for parking were... and wouldn't you know it - you can't go all the way around it!

I couldn't believe it.

Anyway, I didn't think much of it until last Sunday afternoon when I decided to go for a jog around Lake Joondalup.

There I was running around the big ass lake when the track just stopped!?

I looked up and saw that if I wanted to continue my bog lap around the lake I would need to start jogging on the lake's firebreaks. Now while jogging on firebreaks is nothing knew to me (I used to jog around Woodman Point's national park all the time) I found it weird that doing circles around things in Joondalup just wasn't happenin!

After jogging through firebreaks which then gave me no alternative but to jog on the main Wanneroo road I eventually completed the bog lap jog in about 3 hours!!

So there you have it: north of the river people haven't understood the circle yet!

No comments: