Friday, January 13, 2006

I've Been Tagged Or Slapped Or Blagged Or Whatever

I've just been tagged by the elusive FJ @ Crowded House Fan with this chain blogging questionnaire thingie.

These sorts of things seem much more fun than their email chain letter cousins that used to spread throught the internet world some 5 years ago. I used to receive hundreds of them every week about how if I forwarded the message on to 50 other people I'd receive eternal happiness, or if I didn't eternal damnation. I decided to save my friends from making such an important decision so I wouldn't forward it on.

I think after several years they found that I was the anchor at the end of the chain... there was nothing beyond me. So they stopped sending me chain letters.

But anyway let's return back to this tagging game...

What were you doing 10 years ago?

(I hope you realise FJ that I'm a bloke... any questions done on my past that stretch any further than say 1 week become fainter and fainter. LOL)

In January 1996 I was probably jumping up and down with excitement after receiving my final exam marks that saw me finally graduate high school. I was in greater ecstasy to have received acceptance into Edith Cowan University Sport Science degree.

So I was pretty much on top of the world.

What were you doing 1 year ago?

Moving house in 40 degree heat... not fun.

5 snacks I enjoy

Anything with apricots be they dried, in yoghurt, sugared, or in manure! (Ok, maybe not in manure).
Crispy M&M's.
Doritos.
Skittles.
BBQ shapes.

5 songs to which I know all the lyrics

(Does Twinkle Twinkle Little Star count? And just 5?? With the MEGA-memory capacity that I have I know more than 5 lyrics off by heart - heck, I am *the* karoake machine! I'll see if I can make it 5 bizarre ones though...)

She Makes My Day - Robert Palmer (this one would have to be one of my favourite earliest songs when I became a teenager)
Please Forgive Me - Bryan Adams (heck, most of his early songs I can remember! Yep don't know what happened to me during those hormonal teenage years... Canadians, I tell ya! So yes please forgive me folks.)
All My Life - Kci & Jo-Jo (a friend of mine played this a lot before it came on radio and it grew on me pretty quickly)
Your Body Is A Wonderland - John Mayer (my current fav along with a whole heap of other John Mayer songs)
My Immortal - Evanescence (I suppose I'd better not be completely sexist and include an all male line up so I thought I'd better add a chic in here... sometimes this song just hits the right chord with my mood)

5 things I'd do if I were a millionaire

Buy a nice big house by a beautiful sandy wave-riding beach.
Travel the world with family and friends.
Buy a nice big house for my folks in Albany.
Write a screen play starring no one but Kate Beckinsale.
Buy a Mac - just to see what all the rave is about.

5 bad habits

Being too perfect - I don't think anything could really go in here!

;op

5 things I like doing

Reading - especially other people's blogs that make me laugh.
Making people laugh.
Jogging/exercising.
Surfing.
Having an intellectual conversation with someone (especially from the opposite sex).

5 things I would never wear, buy, get new again

Dresses. (no I've never worn one... seriously, why aren't you taking me seriously?)
Bras. (I definately haven't worn a bra before... okay maybe there was this one time where I wore a bikini top, but that story's for another time)
G-strings. (I HAVE NEVER WORN ONE AND WOULD NEVER WEAR ONE!)
Boxers. (Have bought and worn, and don't know what all the craze is about - almost lit a fire down in my pants with the amount of fabric friction between my legs as I walked/jogged... I've resolved never to buy a pair again!!!)
Lipstick. (Hey I have no problem when it's applied on MY lips by someone from the opposite sex via THEIR lips, but I personally would never wear this stuff, not that I've had to apply it on before... seriously, why aren't you taking me seriously??)

5 favourite toys

(Just what kind of toys can we talk about here??)
Dell notebook.
Mobile phone.
DVD player.
Golf set.
MP3 player.

Now you have to remove the top blog on the list, bump every one up a spot and add yours to the bottom.

movements in time
down the rabbit hole
diary of a raving lunatic
Seven worlds will collide...
Another Single Guy


Okay, I think now I've got to tag some people and have them do the same thing.

Alright well the ladies I'll tag will be those on my *updated* blogroll (excluding FJ as I'm assuming you can't tag the butcher back), therefore I tag...



If you ladies are reading this I'll be waiting on your blog's with baited breath... so don't be an anchor!

5 comments:

FJ said...

Hey, Ryan!

Thanks for having a go, mate.

I too have fond memories of Robert Palmer.
I was given his "Heavy Nova" album on cassette for my 8th birthday from my Auntie.

I still have it, and every now and then I crank it up to revive the happy days of my youth. (Cough cough)

Also, I have fond memories of Bryan Adams.
If I recall correctly, "So Far So Good" was the first tape I bought myself after being given a tape player for another present.

...FJ.

Ryan said...

Wow!

Thanks FJ.

I'm not so weird after all!

;op

LOL

Jennifer said...

Done and done.

ps: personally I think a movie with nothing but Kate Beckinsale would be super boring. :)

Ryan said...

Eeek!

I'm blocking my ears Jen.

Underworld 2 comes out next week and I CAN'T WAIT!!!

Only 6 more sleeps...

;op

Shelly said...

Hey Ryan!
Thanx for adding me to your list. I am very honored. I'm sorry I haven't read your blog in a while. My dad was home and he didn't like me being on the internet so late (he definitly wouldn't have liked me talkin to you). So I'll catch up and do the little thingy. ttyl
Shelly