Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Castle Rock

*** WARNING!***

*** The following images may cause women in colder climates to spontaneously combust! ***

*** Viewer discretion is advised. ***


;op

On my last day down in Busso, I travelled with Jake down to what was once the sleepy town of Dunsborough (30km south of Busselton). I spent many memorable holidays in Dunsborough with my family in my earlier childhood years.

The town has changed quite a bit since I was there last some 10-12 years ago, but they still have their famous bakery which serves the best apricot pie in the world! Yum!

Anyway, I took Jake to a secluded yet popular tourist spot just out of Dunsborough called Castle Rock...

(As you can see, being the American tourist, he has no idea where he is!)



And there's the rock in the background...



With me contemplating whether to do a "horsie" or a "curled leg" bombie...



And the rock up close and personal...



One of my more memorable moments was actually climbing this rock with a pair of flip-flops on! I know, every time I think back to this moment I think of how crazy we were as kids climbing this thing.



So Jake, being the American who never says never, after hearing my childhood story, decided to see if he too could climb the treacherous rock face... and he succeeded...



Looking down from where he was...



After that conquering feat Jake went into the crystal clear cool water to celebrate...



It can be sooo much fun once you've found a good bombie rock...





Was that a shark?





Just behind Castle Rock was a walk trail that said "Lookout 400m" so we decided to go and see just what this lookout had to offer...



Further up the hill (I think it's the halfway point)...






At the top of the lookout now (beautiful view)...




Then it was just a matter of finding our way back to the car...




Okay, to all those women in colder climates you can now open your eyes.

6 comments:

Shauna said...

oh man, i am jealous!!! no fair!

Carrie N Becky said...

You ain't cute. Just wait til mid-July, we'll see what kind of pics I post. No, man, I'm not jealous. Nope. Not at all.

Ryan said...

Becky I don't know how you're going to be able to put pics on your blog without a camera.

You've only *just* been given a computer!

;op

LOL

(And I know you're green with envy... just like the colour of the water at Castle Rock!)

Carrie N Becky said...

Whatever!

:)

Jennifer said...

We've got a Castle Rock too ... although since it's 20 miles south of Denver, it's a little snowy right now.

Ryan said...

Good to see that not only do we both share a similar named rock Jen, but both are covered with water!

Ours is swimmable, yours is snowmanable!