Sunday, November 13, 2005

A Joggies To Remember

Maintaining the theme of last month with "A Walkies To Remember" I replaced the dog with my new mobile phone/digital camera and will take you on a trek through the southern suburbs of Perth.

So, here we go...

What a beautiful day! I can't think of anything more enjoyable than going out and inflicting such immense pain on my legs just so I can live that little extra bit longer...



Does this path look familiar? (And who's casting that enormous shadow?)



In my previous post, "A Walkies To Remember" I take you pretty much into the bowels of where the above path leads, however, when you near the end of this path on your right you can observe our friendly neighbourhood...



... and on the left an eerie group of pine trees that has some strange snake-like creature smack bang in the middle of it - I don't know whether this is just "art" or something for kids to play on (maybe I should play on it!)...



... but to make things even more eerier in this pine tree plantation we have some metallic object swinging in the air - is it a bird? is it a plane? what the hell is it???...



... NO! It's ART! (It's actually a representation of an angel, unfortunately the photo didn't turn out too well)...



But, we jog on...

Now we have arrived at the end of our little journey and embark on a new path... walking through the Piney Lakes swamp! At times the bin you see pictured in the lower right smells more fragrant jampacked with doggy doo-doo's than what emanates from this swamp, thankfully, today was a good day...



Yes, there ain't too much green in those trees in this swamp (*sniff* *sniff* did somebody just fart?)...



Okay, out of the swamp and as you can see the trees here have a little more "life" in them. Oddly enough I was the only one gain enough to travel through the swamp area that day...



And now we're completely out of the swamp area... can you tell???



The park land is unbelievably quite at this time of the afternoon, I wonder if there has been some announcement over the radio that a madman is running loose with his digital camera slash mobile phone thingie...



Having left the Winthrop area I'm now jogging in the Bateman suburb. This stretch of road has a zillion bottle-brush trees lined alongside it and as you can see the local council has just trimmed them - which is good, because over the last several weeks as people have passed me in the opposite direction I've had to head-butt them to avoid receiving a face full of bees and nectar...



Just where is everybody today... even the kids aren't out in the playground??? Am I in a ghost-town or something???



Alright, just to prove a point that there really are people here Perth I've taken a photo of the Freeway to show that indeed people do exist here (I wonder what would have happened if I took a photo of someone speeding... could I fine them? And take the proceeds???)...



And there's my beloved city in the background. Thankfully I'll not be travelling that far...



Inside the Mt Henry Bridge looking out...



Inside the Mt Henry Bridge looking in...



At the end of Mt Henry... who's that sweaty bloke???



Under the Mt Henry... I'm thankful no one was coming the other way... taking photos of structures like this kinda looks a little suss wouldn't you think, but of course I know how you're ALL excited about seeing what the underside of Mt Henry bridge, yes?



The other side of Mt Henry bridge. As you can no doubt piece together this bridge is being revamped a little. By the end of December this side of Mt Henry should be open for public access...



This next photo is of the Swan River. Don't be deceived, it might look okay, but unless you have an algae fetish I wouldn't encouarge anyone to go near it...



Getting back to the job at hand: jogging, but the job was easily distracted after I noticed a track that I'd never seen before!? And with good reason... there was nothing to see anyway!??! Except for some odd pole sticking out in the middle of nowhere!?



Okay, back to the job at hand...



No, wait a minute, another distraction...



... which leads too???? ... Nothing! Great! ...



Cloisters Reserve Loop finally gets a little make over, if only they got rid of all those weeds...



Our next stop sees us under the old Canning Bridge. This bridge is some 70-odd years old...



On top of the ol' Canning Bridge (and the closest I'll get to the city)...



Construction seems to be commonplace in Perth at the moment. Here at the end of the Canning Bridge we have the ol' dingy Raffles hotel getting an extreme makeover...



And here we are at the end of the Swan River bog lap...



... and the long winding path back home...



... and back at Piney Lakes, the infamous waterfall-type feature, fit with garbage and other grotty junk that adds ambience and a real bush-like flavour...



With no one around, I ventured into the kiddies playground...



Man, wish I was a kid again, this looks like waaaay too much fun...



Seriously, this kid's park is waaaay too much fun, and I'm glad there was nobody around in case they asked why I was taking photos - I don't know how an answer of "For my web site" would have gone down! Eeek!...



Does this pond look familiar?



And there you have it!

Jog completed.

Time taken? Well... let's not worry about that shall we!

I forgot my watch.


Timeless Ryan

No comments: