Tuesday, July 26, 2005

No Concession?

Over the last several weeks I've been playing around with Yahoo's Movie site rating some of the movies that I've seen in the past.

I must admit I'm a bit of a movie buff.

I like being entertained... as corny as that sounds!

I love a good thriller, a good action flick (hey! I *am* a bloke!), hate horror, will BEAR a romantic show on behalf of my beloved (if I have one), adore sci-fi and love a good comedy (especially romantic comedies).

So, after rating about 200-odd movies at Yahoo's site I noticed that under the "My Movie" section that Yahoo recommended certain new release movies which I would like.

They do this from analyzing what movies I liked from the ratings I've given.

Some of the current movies that are being released which Yahoo thinks I'll enjoy include:
  • Unleashed - with Jet Li

  • The Island - with Ewan McGregor and Scarlett Johansonn

  • Sin City... etc etc


I'm impressed... and I must admit after seeing some of the previews for these flicks I think Yahoo could just be right!

Anyway, one such movie that Yahoo recommended last week was "Batman Begins"... so, I thought I'd take their recommendation out for a test drive and went and saw it tonight.

I'm impressed... Yahoo was right!

I did enjoy the flick... and I even had fun purchasing the tickets...

HER: Hi!
ME: G'day! Can I get two tickets to see Batman Begins please.
HER: Sure. That'll be $15. Do you have concession?
*I STOPPED PUZZLED BY THE QUESTION AS TUESDAY NIGHT'S ARE A FLAT $7.50 PER PERSON REGARDLESS OF CONCESSION!? I DECIDED TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF IT...*
ME: Are good looks enough?
HER: *SILENT*
ME: *HANDING OVER $20*
HER: *STILL SILENT... SLOWLY PASSING TWO TICKETS OVER THE COUNTER AND $5 CHANGE*

... obviously I wasn't her type.

I wonder if they have concession for clowns?


Ryan

No comments: